Cost savings due to system retirements – the easy way with Audicon.
System change, consolidation, organizational change, modernization - every IT application becomes obsolete some day and ceases to have an operational business impact. When this happens, legacy systems and retention requirements constitute a burden to the IT budget. This often leads to the following question: What to do with the old IT systems?
Data retention vs. system retirement - this is no contradiction!
Fact is: Legal and other regulations require you to store relevant data - not to keep outdated systems running. This fine distinction opens up wiggle room for your IT budget.
Avoid high operational and maintenance costs, increasing operative risks including loss of data and/or access to legacy data by deactivating old IT applications that are no longer in use.
Audicon and Data ReBase help you manage the risk of system retirements: As a result you get a new system for cost-effective retention and reliable display of legacy data while maintaining full compliance with internal and external requirements.
Data ReBase: Our software – your benefits
- Information system independent of source system
- Compliance with external and internal regulations (especially GDPR and the German GoBD)
- Qualitative adoption of reports/evaluations
- Reducing IT complexity/IT efforts
- Provision of project-related and tried and tested process documentation
- Consideration of unstructured data (e.g. scanned documents)
- Accepted by external auditors (certified public accountants and tax auditors)
- Provision of data for future analysis requirements
- Synergy effects by using central solutions for data storage of different legacy systems
In addition to our Data Retention Management approach in the Application Retirement area we also offer solutions for the following Data Retention Management scenarios:
- Company sales (Carve-Out)
- Acquisitions of companies (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Regular archiving or outsourcing of data from operational systems (Data Hub/Data Lake)
- S/4HANA scenarios